What's the one way you can make a drunken traffic accident funny? Well...
[From The Huffington Post]:
Cops in western New York arrested four young Amish adults on Sunday and slapped them with underage alcohol possession charges after they allegedly drank booze and crashed their buggy into a deputy's car. Police say the car had arrived on the scene to respond to complaints of people drinking in their buggies, MSNBC reported.This feels too easy, doesn't it? Drunk Amish teens out joyriding in horsedrawn buggies?
The unidentified men were riding down a rural road in Sherman -- about 80 miles southwest of Buffalo -- at about 7:15 p.m. when their buggy hit the Chautauqua County Sheriff's patrol car and flipped on its side, leaving all four with minor injuries, cops said.
- Is there any chance this was just a mixup? I mean, doesn't it sound like they were filming a scene from a sequel to "Sex Drive"?
- Then again, the freaky little Amish chick in "Sex Drive" put in some work on old boy...which suddenly makes this party sound a lot more interesting.
- You may have noticed that the teens didn't get charged with DUIs. Does this mean that the horses would have had to have been drinking, too, for it to be a case of drunk driving?
- This line: "Several other buggies reportedly fled the scene." That line's just, like, the best line ever.
- Is anyone else picturing an Amish version of Boyz 'N The Hood? Or maybe "Dazed and Confused"? It's not just me, right?