Not to feed any further into the Anchorman 2 hype machine, but a tasty drink recipe is a tasty drink recipe.
The Ron Burgundy
What You Need
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 oz. Scotch (i.e. Famous Grouse)
- ½ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 dashes peach bitters
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- Orange or lemon peel, for garnish
How to Make It
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat brown sugar and 1 cup water. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a shaker with ice, combine the Scotch, lemon and grapefruit juices, ½ oz. brown sugar simple syrup, and bitters. Shake vigorously and strain into a short glass with large ice. Garnish with an orange peel. (Leftover brown sugar syrup can be stored in a jar to use in future cocktails.)