I'm not much of a baking aficianado, but add whiskey to a list of ingredients and I'm there. You had me at "whiskey." Try out this recipe and report back (or, better yet, send some samples of the finished product my way).
"How to make Jim Beam Rice Whiskey Treats," from Guyism:
- 5 ½ cups Rice Krispies
- 10-oz. bag marshmallows
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 2 shots Black Cherry Red Stag from Jim Beam
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- salt to taste
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in cinnamon and marshmallows.
- Once marshmallows have melted completely, remove from heat and quickly stir in bourbon and a sprinkle of salt.
- Don’t stop for pictures… narcissist.
- Add Rice Krispies and stir until evenly combined.
- Press treats into buttered 8×8″ baking dish.
- Admit you can’t level the treats.
- Cover with parchment (wax) paper, find square object, press down evenly.
- Add a sprinkle of finishing salt over the top.
- Cut into squares with sharp knife.
- Stack on penguin plate.
- Watch disappear.
- Mourn the loss of your delicious Rice Whiskey Treats.
- Move on to next recipe.