Monday, February 16, 2009

Skittle Vodka

I suppose this could serve as the "Hers" counterpart to last month's bacon-flavored vodka post, which was a decidedly "His" interest piece. I plan on making my own bottle of bacon vodka in the coming month, and I wouldn't be too surprised if Girlfriend was hard at work alongside me making herself some Skittle-infused vodka. I would have to imagine the resulting concoctions here are incredibly sweet, but to each their own.

Here are step-by-step directions from Mix That Drink on how to make a bottle of each flavor found in a standard bag of skittles (cherry, orange, lemon, lime, and grape):
For this project, you’ll need:

* One 1.75 liter bottle of vodka (I used Stoli - you don’t need the most expensive vodka, but do avoid the cheap ones)
* Five 8.5 ounce flasks or bottles
* One 1 pound bag of Skittles
* Five empty plastic water bottles
* A funnel
* Bowls for separating the Skittles into flavors
* A measuring cup (not pictured)
* Coffee filters or paper towels

This vodka-infusion trend is really starting to pick up. What's next, chocolate cake vodka?

Hmmmmmm...

No comments: