Friday, April 25, 2008

Brewski Fest 2008

This weekend is Seven Springs’ annual Brewski Festival. I have been almost shaking with anticipation for a week or so now—Shannon, the little Irish lass that she is, has been in that state since about January 2nd. 17 breweries are bringing 67 brands, and we have 4 hours in which to drown ourselves in them (not to mention a huge buffet of gourmet food); all for only $45. I just hugged myself.

Several friends and I will be making the pilgrimage again this year. Dupa and I first learned about the event in 2006; we immediately ordered tickets and spread the word. But, because most of our friends were reluctant to give it a shot, there was a grand total of five of us in attendance. We were the intrepid explorers. And the sloshed text and voice messages that we sent out around the tri-state area that night served as trusted field reports.

Last year, our legion grew to 12 people; this was mostly because tickets for the event sell out rather quickly, and getting some of my friends to do anything a second before the very last one is similar to asking a dog to speak Spanish. This year we are up to about 17 soldiers. Still short of my goal (there are at least 6 people I can name off the top of my head that could have chosen to come, but…they’re determined to be unenlightened), but progress nonetheless.

*straps on helmet*

Let’s do this. (More to come next week...)

1 comment:

The Hero said...

Hopefully you're still alive lol.